Our calendar is bursting with professional practitioner learning opportunities and parenting focused events.
- This event has passed.
Emerging Leaders Day 2
November 11, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM ACST
“Emerging Leaders” is a two-day series, designed to extend knowledge and challenge those who are seeking that next step within their career. The two full days focus on further developing leadership understanding and skills whilst addressing the impact that workplace culture and staff management can have on the operations of the service. Grow your knowledge about the business side of running a service and consider aspects that could launch you into a new perspective.
Topics covered across the two days: Navigating the business, inspiring leadership, and people management, safeguarding the business through understanding compliance as well as the influence of the educational leader. Whilst each topic addresses individual objectives, participants must commit to the full two-day workshops.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting to be challenged and extend their career path in the ECEC sector, senior educators, room leaders, 2ICs and beyond.
Each workshop is designed to delve into topics in detail, with participants being provided with a workbook at the commencement of each workshop. Participants will be responsible to complete tasks in-between each forum.
Date: Thursday 10th November 2022 Content covered:
Part one: Navigating the business
- Learn how to know the sector through the use of current resources and statistics.
- Key business drivers and what affects the business
- Understanding the impact and influence of staff and positive energy
- Business health check, including value-adding and making informed business decisions.
Part two: Inspiring leadership and people management
- Identify theories and models of leadership relevant to the sector
- Investigate the leadership styles, attributes, and qualities of an inspiring leader
- Relationships and assisting in the development of a positive team culture
- Conflict management, difficult conversations and holding each other accountable
Date: Friday 11th November 2022
Time: 9am – 4pm
Location: Nightcliff Community Centre – Boab Room, 18 Bauhinia Street Nightcliff
Part three: Safeguarding the Business: Understanding compliance
- The use of mitigating strategies and risk assessment to safeguard the business
- Assisting staff to understand and implement the non-negotiables
- Reporting requirements and managing critical incidents
- Connecting with families and the community to establish their roles and responsibilities within the service
Part four: The influence of an educational leader
- Unpack the purpose and role of the educational leader
- Qualities, skills and traits of a strong educational leader – how to select/recruit
- Supporting the educational leader with capacity building, empowerment and resourcing.
- How the educational leader can support risk mitigation and accountability